Reality check.

This post if actually an outcome of my last night’s gossip session with a friend. It may be a very offensive post to some,or senseless,or orthodox! Take it the way you think it is. And to be honest,it is no debate or defense to anyone,whoever does or who does not approve. I am you can say,just talking about it!

We have heard about live-in relationships,friends with benefits,one night stand,and now,it has just transformed into HOURS stand. Earlier it was done by adults,then it all jumped down to teenagers,and now as I see the time fly,I am afraid if kids in sixth grade won’t be making girlfriends,they will simply be friends with benefits! Haha.. funny I know!
But it just got me thinking,our school life was much cleaner and less cheaper then this is. Call me traditional,but there needs to be a line. A line of control. A limit. And it isn’t because we’re Indians and we are orthodox or traditional or our country has laws that do not allow sex at the age of 13. It is just about the environment and surroundings we have been brought up. I mean come on,if you step out in a bikini in here,people would kill each other to just see you,whereas in abroad they have anybody and everybody walking on the beach practically nude.
Kids,younger to me,are just so much curious for everything. This isn’t funny or aggressive or orthodox,it is just sad that they don’t understand that having sex before marriage is not OUTDATED,it is just a having a good character and wanting to belong to one person only and always. We have a different society to belong from. Adapting new ideas and cultures is a great thing,but everything has it’s own time. You need time to grow up,to have the capability to understand what things really are like.
So yes,I am traditional when I see a 14 year girl making out with a 16 year boy in the lobby of a pub,and feel SICK!

And till the time,you would come to an age like mine,20s.. probably know one would believe in love because  you just got laid so easily,so early that you wouldn’t know what feelings are,or how does it even feel to be with someone.
I just read it somewhere.
“Since,SEX got easy,LOVE is hard to find.”

And this,my friends is the scenario.

Just the way it is supposed to be.

25 Comments Add yours

1. sakshi dixit says:

well said sakshi.
    our childhood days were the best. kids nowdays really need to know the limits.

2. sakshi dixit says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. Sakshi Singh says:

I know right! They need to stop growing up so soon. We had the best childhood,and they're all missing it!

4. Pat Hatt says:

Yeah it is pathetic how society is today indeed

5. Sakshi Singh says:

And I am afraid it isn't getting any better in the time coming. 😐

6. True as hell that kids these days know no limits. They just want to jump into everything (relationships, drugs, sex, booze, smoke, “love”, etc.) just to know what it is. Without giving it thoughts. Or knowing bout it before they try.
    Every thing has it's own time.
    And before time, it doesn't hold the same charm.
    [ALSO, things like music, movies, clothes, etc. All these things that they do to show others and not out of enjoyment. They need to understand that it's necessary that they get out of that impression bracket.]

Anyway, well put! Glad that we still believe in being conservative when it comes to all this. 🙂
    Keep writing!
    Love.

7. Sakshi Singh says:

I don't know why they just don't want to live up life slow and easy! I mean being pregnant at the age of 16 isn't definitely fun. I agree to you on this impression thing, all the things they do, the clothes, the mobile phones or the cars is just a way to be better than the other.
    And it makes me sad about how casually they deal with everything.

I am glad you think alike. 🙂
    Love back. Thanks for the comment di. 🙂

8. Green Speck says:

Very true this is … sometimes I find that the kids lose their innocence a bit too early, does that help in the long run? Well, no idea. But I guess there should be a right time for everything.

9. Sakshi Singh says:

Innocence is the word. They try to understand everything in the world at the age of playing video games.
    I feel so sad about the generation. And no,it doesn't help at all,rather it just makes them all too raw and rough with emotions.
    Agreed with you,right time for everything!

10. Wings says:

True that.and call me over traditional i still believe in being one man woman. haha! if not one then 2. coz' you are allowed to do mistakes and learn, isn't it?
    plus i agree, childhood is lost. totally. I don't know if these kids still play those silly pranks on teachers and classmates, or is it just about stupid relationships for them, the way they put it.

11. Sakshi Singh says:

Of course,there should be a second chance in fact 3rd too. People do make mistakes in sometimes believing the wrong person,or concluding him/her what they are not! But then,when you are with somebody just be with them and not try to hang into the other boat as well. And thinking so does not make you over traditional at all Paridhi. It is loyal and having a character. 🙂

Seriously,these kids,I wonder if they know what bunking a class means and hiding in the washroom. 😛 They're all messed up into relationships all the time! I pity the generation.

12. Wings says:

Yeah!
    but not i am really desperate for the destined guy! hehe! and its my age to be so! i am being my age, isnt it ?
    anyway you wrote about a topic which is a major concern today. keep writing 🙂

13. Sakshi Singh says:

Its okay,you can always wait! And your age is just to have loads and loads of fun,and haha tu toh engineering bhi kar rahi hai! 😛

I will,thanks. I am glad you keep reading! 🙂

14. Nida Fatima says:

I love the way you dealt with such a sensitive issue. Yes, these little ones are losing their childhood too early. The belief in love and loyalty is so 'old school' these days.

My childhood fantasy was being PokèMaster. Wonder how many kids are gonna brand me 'boring' now…

15. Sakshi Singh says:

I am glad you could connect to what exactly I mean Nida. These days,loving one is such a boredom to them.
    Haha I remember that show,and I loved Pikachu,I wanted to him for real so bad!
    Trust me,they will never have what we had,we were blessed,they're just too much provoked because of the few elements in this world!

16. Nice post. Sometimes I also feel that we people try to dress up as dumb objects to the public!
    We should GROW UP…by that, I mean, be more mature!

17. Sakshi Singh says:

Exactly what I think. It shouldn't be dressing up for others to see,but for satisfaction of your own self.
    I am glad to see you thinking so!

18. Divya Narula says:

very well written…today these ppl dnt what love is …by the time they realize things will b so messy that they will end up doing wrong things..wrong decisions…childhood is lost..
    keep writing …by the way u write beautiful…i like all blog of urs.. 🙂

19. Sakshi Singh says:

Divya! Thanks for dropping by here.

This topic that I chose to write upon is just so sensitive and all we can hope is that the generation upcoming might change the casual attitude someday and if not worry for future consequences,they might just give it a thought!

20. Was going through your blog…..you know, after i read newspapers, blogs, minds of people- i get inspired.
    So i have a new blog!
    Hey, and there was some problem- i just could not get your new posts- so I'm following you again!
    Ha, ha, extra followers!
    Hope you like it- you were one of the first people to know about the blog- like to talk to people who are sensitive about these issues!

21. Sakshi Singh says:

It's so nice to see this Akshita,I am glad you feel so inspired. It is a pleasure to see people of your age doing so much and thinking so much.
    Keep it up. 🙂
    I am following you now. 🙂

22. shonazee says:

Well , it surely is a thought provoking post . What has changed ?! Why is the environment soo different now ? When we were kids , playin lukka chuppi or out-is-out was all we did . Well , for one thing I am glad that all this “dirt” hasn't touched my town yet , but then it's a matter of time … call me crazy but i just hope for the time to reverse and go back to how it used to be , clean , fun , mischievous . woh baat hi kuch aur thi..

23. Sakshi Singh says:

It definitely is an issue of concern Shonazee. Of course as kids we were at a much better scenario than the kids now. They have lost the essence of childhood as well as teenage. I remember our time, we were excited almost about everything and nowadays they all are hardly left for anything to try.
    If that is so with your town, you are just blessed.
    Thanks for the concern and comment. 🙂